Call for help with research into babies starting solid foods
I’m Gill Rapley. I live in Kent and I’m currently a research student at Canterbury Christ Church University. I have previously worked as a midwife and a health visitor and have a long-standing interest in the introduction of solid foods to babies.
I am about to embark on a study of babies’ early responses to solid foods, which will involve videoing babies at home and interviewing their parents, and I am looking for families who would be willing to take part. Specifically, I need volunteers who have a baby who:
• was born after no fewer than 37 weeks of pregnancy,
• is currently between five and six months old,
• has not yet started solid foods,
• has no diagnosed or suspected physical, psychological or developmental disorder, and
• is growing appropriately for their age.
My requirements for you are that you:
• have been your baby’s primary caregiver from birth,
• live in the Maidstone/Medway/Sheppey/Sittingbourne/Canterbury area, and
• can communicate easily in English.
If you are interested in finding out more – without any obligation to take part – please contact me, either by email, at email@example.com, or by phone, on 07954 437061. Please feel free to pass this information on to anyone you know who fits my requirements and who you think may be interested.